8/4/11

Crack climbing on altitude

I have been walking past those stunning crack lines located underneath the cosmic hut for three years now. Since I first saw them I’ve wanted to climb them and when Linus, Mike and I decided to finally go and try them out I was well excited.
The climbing did not disappoint either. In fact this forty-five meter 7b crack is the best trad single pitch that I have ever tried!! I just can not imagine crack climbing being better than this, not to mention the setting that it is located in! It is just world class!
I gave it all on the onsight and fell not too far from the top. Too wrecked from the onsight push I didn’t have more energy to go for a redpoint attempt.
I am very glad to finally have tried those magic lines and I must say I was pretty stoked to have been so close on the onsight :).


Linus doing his best gangsta posé

Beautiful warm up crack, 6b-ish

The first tricky section

Roof crack with some good smearing
Me fighting my way up the crack, Mont-Blanc in the background.

Linus moving out in to the crack

Linus Shows us how to climb cracks